Controlling Your Legacy

« Back to Home

Divorce And 50/50 Parenting

Posted on

As a divorced parent, when it comes time to make custody and visitation arrangements, you will be faced with several choices. Many times, parents want the agreement to provide time with both parents, so joint custody is chosen. 5050 seems to be a fair division of time for each parent and often the divorce decree will stipulate that each parent will share physical custody for 50% of the time. However, when it comes to actually spelling out the exact details on this type of agreement, negotiations flounder and it becomes clear that more thought needs to be put into the custody arrangements. Read More»

Can You Receive Workers Compensation For Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Posted on

If you work in a fast-paced, high-risk environment – such as a police or fire department, prison, or emergency room – you may occasionally find yourself feeling stressed, depressed, or jumpy. But when these feelings begin to overshadow your normal mental state, it could be a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Are you able to submit a workers compensation claim to your employer for the infliction of this emotional distress, or is it merely an unfortunate side effect of a high-stress job? Read More»

Injured On The Job? 4 Pitfalls You Should Avoid While You're Out On Workers Compensation

Posted on

If you’re collecting workers compensation, there are some very important things that you shouldn’t do. Everyone will tell you what you should do when you’ve been injured on the job, but they rarely tell you about the things that could harm your case. So before you do something that could jeopardize your workers compensation case, here’s a list of things you shouldn’t do while you’re case is proceeding through the court system. Read More»

Can I Transfer Property Ownership With A Quitclaim Deed?

Posted on

If you wish to legally transfer ownership of your home to another individual, it might be possible to do so relatively quickly and simply through a quitclaim deed. However, it’s important to be aware of the fact that this method for transferring ownership might not effectively transfer the financial burden of owning the property in all situations. Consider the following information, and be sure to consult a lawyer at a reputable law office like Valentine & Valentine PC, before opting for a quitclaim deed to transfer property ownership: Read More»

How To React To A DWI

Posted on

If you are accused of a DWI, then there are certain steps that you need to take. This article will outline the best way to respond to such a situation. DUI This particular crime goes by different names, depending on the state you live in. It might be called a DUI (driving under the influence), a DWI (driving while intoxicated), or even an OWI (operating while impaired). All of these names basically refer to the same act: operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Read More»